Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Lifelong Battle

There have been many obstacles that have come my way, some of which I can have avoided and chosen not to tackle. Others were to be anticipated. Being an asthmatic has been a difficult journey that has slowed me down in many ways. At the age of five, the innovation of my respiratory disease was first announced.
I trapped a virus and finished up in the sanatorium. The doctors told my family that I had serious asthma and they were vague if I was going to make it. Gladly enough I improved from the virus, but I was faraway from recovering from my overall condition. One of my preferred activities as a child was playing sports. Softball as well as basketball was my favorites. My asthma unnatural my strength greatly, but I tried not to let it dispirit me.

No comments: